Did you know that our church has a "Greening Resolution?" Approved at our annual meeting in June 2009, the congregation voted to become a "green church." The resolution explains,
We resolve that every Board and Committee of the Cresskill Congregational Church, UCC, make an effort to include recycling and other "green" elements into their planning of activities. Furthermore, we recommend that all organizations, groups, or businesses that use our church building for their meetings or events agree to include recycling and greening efforts into their planning and functions.
The Just Peace Committee will be following up on this Resolution and posting Green Tips periodically. Here are the first recommendations:
- Please recycle cans and bottles in the BLUE recycling plastic cans in the kitchen and put papers in the BLUE tall and rectangle plastic can in the social hall.
- Remember to return those plastic bags you get from the grocery store back to the grocery store so they can reuse/recycle them. (from Joan Blankenhorn)
- Eliminate those small green vegitable plastic bags when you shop for your fruits and vegitables. Simply place the items in your cart and then put them in a material tote that you bring with you to the store. (from Jeanne Gesuele)
- Wean your family off of plastic water bottles by providing good quality and BPA Free permenant plastic bottles as a reusable alternative. Be sure to put the names of family members on them. (from Mary Mayer)
- If you have outdoor or indoor space, hang up most of your wash and use your electric dryer much less. Outdoors makes the clothes smell great, saves gas and electricity, and the sun kills germs. (from Mary Mayer and Lindy Clarke-Taylor)
- Make sure you have a full load of wash and a full load of dishes before turning on the machines. (from Darryl Hilliard)
- Bring your own reusable coffee mugs to church (or to Starbucks or to your office) to fill with coffee. The church is considering using real coffee cups at church and then washing them in the kitchen's dishwasher. (from Kathy Lindner)
Look for more tips!
No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you're welcome here!
We are located at:
Office Phone: (201) 568-0608
Pastor David C. Bocock
Join us on Facebook every Wednesday afternoon by 12:00 Noon for our online Facebook Church video devotional. Lilke us on our Facebook Church and be a part of the experience!