Membership means that you are joining a dynamic spiritual family that is focused on your growth and health as a follower of Jesus. It is also a way to enable
you to make a difference in the world you live in. Joining any church is one of the most important spiritual growth steps you can take.
Why do you need a spiritual family?
- You need healthy relationships that will challenge you to grow.
- You need to serve God and others with the gifts God has given you.
- You need to belong to something bigger than yourself.
- You need a place where you can make a difference.
What are the requirements for membership?
- A person who has been baptized or are baptized upon joining.
- A person who has confessed their faith in God and find their guidance through the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Persons may also become members, upon presentation of a satisfactory letter of transfer from another church, or upon reaffirmation of faith at the time of
- At least two months of attendance in church.
- Attendance at a Newcomers Class.
What are the privileges and expectations of membership?
- Members in Good Standing shall be entitled to vote and put forth motions at any Congregational Meeting of the Members.
- Members shall be eligible to serve as Church Officers and as members of Boards and Committees. Committees may also ask nonmembers to serve on their
- Members are expected to be faithful in living and carrying out the essentials of the Christian life, to seek earnestly for guidance through prayer and communion with
God, to attend the worship services of the Church, to provide for the financial support of the Church and its wider mission, to accept places of leadership when elected or appointed, and to have a
part in the organized work of the Church through its organizations.
How can you sign up for the next Newcomers Class?
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (201) 568-0608
- Speak with the Pastor
Newcomer Classes are offered on a regular basis and are an engaging three-hour experience. Pizza and refreshments are served too!